As a Manager, Media Planning and Buying at Pacific Campaign House, you will play a pivotal role in developing and executing advertising campaigns that connect mission-driven organizations with diverse communities to drive measurable results. You will work closely with clients, partners, and internal teams to ensure our campaigns effectively reach our niche and diverse audiences.
- Media Planning: Collaborate with clients, the creative team, and partners to understand campaign objectives and target audiences. Develop ad strategy, identify optimal platforms and ad formats, and craft media plans that will achieve project goals. Pull audience profiles and counts and strategically refining audiences, budget breakdown, and platforms to meet clients’ goals.
- Audience Targeting and Insights: Conduct thorough research to identify audience preferences, behaviors, and consumption trends within specific hyperlocal or minority communities. Utilize this data to inform media strategy, planning, and targeting
- Creative Collaboration: Work closely with our creative team to align media strategy with creative assets, ensuring consistency with platform tone and format, as well as effectiveness in messaging.
- Media Buying and Activation: Execute media buys across various digital channels, including but not limited to: Trafficking on self-serve social media advertising and search engine marketing, working with vendors to deliver programmatic advertising, liaising with influencer partnerships, and more.
- Vendor Communication: Negotiate with media vendors to secure the best rates, placements, and added value opportunities for our clients. Additionally, continue to liaise with vendors to ensure programs launch on time and spend in full.
- Ad Optimization and Budget Management: Understand campaign optimization needs and handle the implementation of requisite plan modifications. Once campaigns launch, monitor performance, make adjustments as needed, and provide regular budget updates and recommendations to account managers and clients.
- Reporting and Analysis: Track and measure campaign performance, providing insights and analysis. Generate reports and analysis for clients, showcasing key metrics and ROI. Develop long-term takeaways for both the client and internal strategy.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Stay up-to-date with the latest cultural and demographic trends, ensuring our campaigns are inclusive and culturally sensitive.
- 2-3 years of experience in media buying, having negotiated and planned media buys that have a mix of CTV, social media, OLV, and search inventory, preferably with a focus on targeting diverse and minority audiences.
- Mastery/Expert in trafficking on digital advertising platforms and tools, including Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, programmatic buying platforms, etc.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to build and maintain vendor and client relationships.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and draw actionable and concrete insights.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- An understanding of cultural nuances and a commitment to diversity and inclusion in advertising.
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to follow a detailed QA process, even when there are multiple campaigns running.
What makes you a good fit:
- Critical and Creative Thinking: As our Manager of Media Planning and Buying, your ability to think critically and strategically will be instrumental in crafting effective campaigns that resonate with diverse audiences. You can analyze data, identify opportunities, and make informed decisions to optimize campaign performance.
- Working in a Small Team: Our agency thrives on collaboration and a close-knit team environment. Your experience and willingness to contribute in a small team setting will ensure seamless communication, synergy, and the ability to adapt quickly to changing client needs.
- Curiosity and Eagerness to Learn: The political/advocacy digital advertising landscape is constantly evolving. Your curiosity and hunger for knowledge about updates and developments in our industry and the greater advertising space will not only keep our agency at the forefront of innovation but also enable you to implement cutting-edge strategies that drive results for our clients. We get excited by team members who continuously seek growth and are excited to explore new possibilities in advertising.
- The salary range for this role is between $65,000 – $75,000 (commensurate with experience) and performance-based bonuses.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- PCH covers 100% of plans for health care and dental
- Internet and cell phone stipend
- 401k matching up to 6%
- More than 34 days of paid time off annually (which includes federal holidays, time off around the holidays, vacation, and sick days)
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- A creative and inclusive work environment
If you are passionate about creating meaningful connections with diverse communities through digital advertising and meet the qualifications listed above, we invite you to apply for the Manager, Media Planning and Buying position at Pacific Campaign House.
Please submit your resume, a cover letter explaining your interest in the role, and any relevant portfolio or case studies demonstrating your expertise in paid media managing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: Rolling
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
PCH is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a company that prioritizes diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of color, women, and LGBTQ+ people to apply.
PCH is nationally recognized as one of the top digital firms for digital outreach and persuasion marketing to minority audiences. We’re proud to have produced cutting-edge digital campaigns in over ten different languages, and have worked with a wide variety of Asian American Pacific Islander, African American, and Hispanic/Latino organizations.
But our work doesn’t stop there. We’ve launched millions of conversations and persuaded consumers, voters, and donors to take action offline through cutting-edge and innovative strategies. And we’re proud to guarantee partner-level treatment for every client.
Our award-winning team is led by female, minority, and LGBTQ+ partners who have over a decade of collective experience running high-impact digital programs for campaigns of all sizes.